IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2008년 7월 12일 토요일

~08:53

숨을 죽이고 기다리다..waited with bated breath..
Although the implosion of the cooling tower attracted immense international attention, its relation to denuclearization is the subject of speculation..
그는 중요한 사람이야..He is a big cheese..
동시에 나타나다..서로 협력하다..to go hand in hand..
시달리는..ridden..
위기에 빠진..위기에 시달리는..crisis-ridden..
독선적인..self-righteous..
정권을 잡다...지도자가 되다..to take the helm of~
recalcitrant=restive..
기운 용기가 나다..I was heartened by~
숨막힐 정도로 답답해.. I feel suffocated..
bear a resemblance to..She bears little resemblance to her mother..
생명 존중 문화..a cultue of life..낙태, 안락사 등을 반대하는 문화..
조의, 애도를 표하다..to extend our condolences to~
~이 한창 치열할때..I found myself in the thick of the battle to keep her alive..
모든 법적 수단을 동원했다..Exhausting their legal options..
결국엔 그들의 노력은 실패?부족했다..미치지 못했다..In the end, their efforst fell short..
진정한 문명이란..the essence of civilization..
법안을 통과시키다..passed legislation..
사전 재심..review of the case..
The rhetoric was intense..
어떻게 떳떳하게 살 수 있노? How can we live with ourselves?
미국의회..Capitol Hill.
This shy woman has sensitized the entire nation to the need for a "living will"사망 선택유언..식물인간이 되면 죽기를 원한다는 유언..

댓글 없음: