IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2007년 8월 16일 목요일

Today's News..

Americanized Hispanic immigrants report more substance abuse..

Adopting the American culture and lifestyle makes Hispanic immigrants more likely to use illegal drugs and abuse alcohol, a new study suggsts.. From more than 6,700 adults, including 1,690 Hispanic immigrants that assimilated to American's cultural beliefs and social skills were almost 13 times more likely to report the use of illegal drugs and nearly twice as likely to report current binge drinking than Hispanics who kept their traditional culture. "Although immigration and assimilation will provide some migrants with benefits such as wealth and job security, immigration... can be a difficult process which has negative consequences as well."



May I test your ability to sniff?

A test that measures a patients' ability to smell without requiring the scent to be verbalized has been developed. The Sniff Magnitude Test may help detect disorders n the early stage of Alzheimer's and Parkison's.. It has been well known that an inability to smell is often the first sign of some diseases. "Many patients tell their doctors they can't smell years before they actually get Alzheimer's or Parkison's.." Sensors in the machine measure the pressure the inhalations produce. The intensity of these sniffs reflects the person's ability to smell.. Those with an impaired sense of smell inhale deeply because the scent doesn't register in their brains..


From Morning Special..

댓글 없음: