IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2012년 4월 23일 월요일

Baby boomer blues..

delayed action begets another disgruntled age..

Much has been said about..
its demographic analysis

This shows what the nation has long dreaded is turning into a reality.
they are falling into the poverty trap of old age.
with strong family bonds..

are the most squeezed financially
are pushed out of the job market.

reaffirms difficulites facing the retiring boomers.

to repay interests for mortage lending
to open their own businesses, mostly franchised eateries

in the latter years of life
to live on pensions

pensioners
doctoral degrees
former managers at large firms
make long queues to work as supermarket cashiers

To its credit, the government is not sitting idly by, but it has fallen far short of tackling the issue in earnest.

to supplement a social safety net by rectifying the unreasonable increase in medical insurance fees upon retirement.

raising the retirement age.
to extend its current age limit

fervent opponets to a prolonged working age

most companies do not fill the void left by retirees with fresh workers..

this is the first Korean generation that supported their parents but do not expect similar services form thier cdhildren.

Society needs to grant their wish to live on with a minimal dignity instead of being a burden of the next generations, including their own offspring.

There is not much time left for action..

댓글 없음: