IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2007년 7월 12일 목요일

Into the dictionary..

This is my own invention../ I thought this up myself..
high-tension wire..
high-tension current..
I resented his high-handed[overbearing] manner..
His annual income is extremely high..
Expensive private lessons are prevalent in that region..
It tastes bad[nasty]..
It stinks..
He turns nasty when he is drunk..
She has a foul mouth../ She speaks in a harsh manner..
He is very bad-tempered../ He really has a nasty temper..
stray cat../ tom cat../ pussycat..
It is a backbreaker to write a paper..
Marking[Grading] examination papers is a real grind..
Just loafing around doing nothing is hard work, too..
He was delirious with a high fever..
defoliant..
The feeding bottle must be sterilized by boiling it at a high temperature..
a calm[placid] sea..
the lull before the storm..
The day was very still, without a breath of wind..
Silence reigned in the house..
retain a lawyer..
Employment opportunities or women have expanded..
Contract workers agonize over the instability of their employment..
take out[buy] unemployment insurance..
His father is a high-ranking police officer..
Taekwondo is one of the indigenous sports of Korea..
I have trouble hitting the high notes..
She is good at singing high pitched tones..
Whether it was intentional or not, you were in the wrong..
He just married off his 30-year-old daughter, who has always been the apple of his eye..
Sludge was stagnating in the ditch..
Tears formed (up)[gathered, welled] in her eyes..
There were many small puddles in the road..
Please accept my condolences..
He's got such a high-handed attitued..
She snitched[told, ratted] on her friends to the teacher..
There were at most[not more than] 10 people at the meeting..
Is that all you can think of[come up with]?
The ship developed engine trouble..
The elevator had a sudden breakdown and stopped between floors..
My computer's down again../ The computer's on the blink again..
This song has a wide range..
She fastened her eyes on the picture..
All eyes were fastened on[riveted to] the screen..
Think outside the box..
Tension is mounting between the two countries..
high school graduate..
He came home smashed last night..
He often goes overboard wiht his drinking..
The building is closed until futher notice..
He is in and advantageous position..

From NEUNGYULE KOREAN-ENGLISH DICTIONARY..

댓글 없음: