IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2007년 7월 11일 수요일

Into the dictionary..

Holy mackerel!!..
killer whale/whale calf/bull whale/cow whale..
I'm seriously considering moving to another city..
I'm considering whether to accept his offer..
Have you considered the possibility of graduate school?..
Please set this in Gothic font..
We've been through the highs and lows together..
The crowd was shouting their heads off..
She raised her voiced in a rage[huff]../She cried at the top of her voice in anger..
There is no room for consideration..
His proposal is currently under consideraion..
We left an hour early to allow for traffic..
croquette..
He is too stuffy to accept new ideas..
Choose between the two../ Choose one of the two..
The ground should be leveled before you plant a lawn..
You can choose what you want from a wide variety of wine at our store..
For dessert, you can choose between strawberry ice cream and apple pie..
It's hard to choose which dress to wear to the party..
The floor is uneven and bumpy..
The wound is discharging (pus)../ The wound is oozing..
The wound has festered../ Pus has formed in the wound..
borrow money at a usuryous rate of interest..
He is so stuffy about everything/ He is such an old fuddy-duddy..
His smelly feet were sticking up the whole room..
That village has been isolated[cut off] by the heavy snowfalls/ The village has been snowed in..
I'd like to take you to dinner in gratitude for what you've done..
I'm grateful for your help..
I'm grateful that you took care of my mother..
I would be grateful if you could send me the products in due course..
She left without a word of thanks..
No sweat. Just repaying you for last time..
Our fridge is on its last legs..
a beat-up old car..
Something has me worried these days..
She's got a real hang-up about her body..
I have a confession to make..
excavate and ancient tomb..
amenable[submissive] attitude..
Just when we had gotten through one crisis, another problem came up..
The patient is out of the woods..
Hold fast and tighten the reins..
The opposition is stepping up their anti-government campaign..
alpine region..
She speaks in a very elegant way..
We have not suffered in vain..
You must have gone through a lot of distress these days..
It is hard to get by..
Do not trouble yourself with things like that..
He has filed a countercharge against his friend..
They accused him of impeding performance of duty.
I am going to file a complaint against you..
Wow, it was well worth the trouble..
It serves him right..
He seems to take pleasure in my getting scolded..
He went tearing down the expressway at 150 km/h..
remain steadfast in one's beliefs..
Stick to your idea no matter what others (may) say..
He cast about desperately for something to say..
From NEUNGYULE KOREAN-ENGLISH DICTIONARY..

댓글 없음: