IF Only..

I've loved you since I met you.. but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead. Making decisions out of fear. Today, because of what I learned from you.. every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed. And I've learned that if you do that, you're living life fully. It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha, if not for today, if not for you.. I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved.

2007년 5월 24일 목요일

Week 12 Journal..

1.Do you think "teaching English Through English" is necessary in public school english class? Give us your opinion and supporting reasons.

Teaching English through English??
I think this is a good way in which a teacher teaches English to students, because it is just the English that we learn. Let me put it this way. People say you should look up an English-English dictionary when you face an English word which you do not know well, not an English-Korean dictionary. It is bacause we can not grasp the delicate meaning of the word through an English-Korean. For this reason, I think teaching English through English can deliver the word meaning the most.


2. Which English teachers do you think is better for our students, native speakers of English, or Korean English teachers? Why?

I think it does not matter whether your English teacher should be native speakers of English, or Korean English teachers. I think it is the ability to teach English that counts, not where you are from. I guess it is our misson to improve yourself to be a better teacher, regardless of your nationality.


3.How do you think will our English class be changed in the future? How do you ( as 사범대생) prepare for future English education in Korea?

I think talking in English in class would be the mainstream in the future. As I said above, it is because I suppose it is a good way that teaching and learning in English is the most efficient method. For me to be fitted into this way, I guess I should research how to teach English efficiently. For example, learning leading methods in foreign country or taking class like TESOL.

댓글 없음: